Welcome,visitor! Register Login   rss tw

how to purchase out of province

Home Forum Buying and Selling Questions how to purchase out of province

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Lito 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

perrystuckless
    Participant

I know that purchasing a firearm face to face is the best. How do you purchase a firearm out of province that both the seller and buyer are comfortable. This past week I tried to purchase a firearm and the buyer wanted 50% deposit and he would send the firearm as soon as he received the deposit. I refused and suggested a COD from either Canada Post or a courier of his choice. Is this the right way to do it for both seller and buyer or does someone have a suggestion to help. Thanks in advance

old contractor
    Participant

COD all the way. It’s safer for buyer AND seller. I’ve done it for out of province and in , restricted and non…easy / peazy lol

Molsonice02
    Participant

Any other suggestions for sell? I have never done Cod, but I don’t want to be weeks without my money when selling the rifle, and what if the buyer refuses shipment? Then i’m out all that time and the shipping money.

Lito
    Participant

The COD sounds like a great idea, but my worry about the COD would be verifying the contents of the package at the Canada Post office (which is in a pharmacy in my neighbourhood). I can’t imagine what the cashier’s reaction would be if I started handling the firearm and making sure it was in good order. I’m in an urban community in Quebec and so people are generally nervous about and around firearms.

How do you guys verify the contents before signing?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.